Last updated: April 9th 2017.
- 1 Epica Electric Coffee Grinder & Spice Grinder
- 2 KitchenAid BCG211OB Blade Coffee and Spice Grinder
- 3 KRUPS F203 Electric Spice and Coffee Grinder
- 4 MIRA Electric Spice and Coffee Grinder
- 5 Secura Electric Coffee Grinder & Spice Grinder
- 6 Cuisinart DCG-20N Coffee Bar Coffee Grinder
There is a huge difference between packed coffee powder and freshly grounded coffee. If you are an espresso starter, you ought to know that coffee beans lose 40% of their aroma within minutes of grinding process. Therefore, to make a refreshing coffee rich of aromas, a good coffee bean grinder is essential. Now comes the key task – the one of finding best coffee bean grinders.
Well, we have made it easy for you, after surveying numerous coffee bean grinders, we have zeroed down on top 6 best coffee bean grinders. Here we confined the count to 6, and not 10, because, at this moment, the other grinders have either performed badly or haven’t around for quite enough to be considered.
Some of the key factors that we rated these grinders on were: power, motor quality, ease of cleanliness, overall build quality, ease of use.
Top Selling Coffee Bean Grinders for You: According to Popularity
With a powerful 250 W motor, Epica grinds coffee beans very fine in no time. It doesn’t stop there, this grinder is multi-purpose, so you can even grind seed seasonings and most of the spices. It holds good 3/4th cup of coffee beans.
- Removable Grinding Cup – For easy pouring.
- Clear Lid – helps you to make out when the grinding is done.
- Stainless steel grinding cups and blades.
- Large activation button, safety lock, compact size – For extra comfort and compactness.
The metal receptacle gets warm during long runs. Although the machine is fine, but the motor wears out quickly.
This 170 W grinder may not be as powerful as Epica, but can nevertheless grind the coffee beans well. A removable 4-ounce stainless steel bowl and a separate Spice Grinder Accessory Kit ensure that you grinding spice doesn’t recede your coffee grinding speed.
- Stainless Steel Blade, Safety Switch – For safe grinding.
- Clear Top Cover and One-Touch Control
- Multiple bowls of different sizes– for coffee, spice, resins and everything else that you can think of.
Grinding is good, but it isn’t great – owing to a 170 W power motor. It should do well to grind coffee beans, but if you intend to grind other dense spices, it would end up receding the speed. At Sub $50.00 price tag, it remains one of the most versatile grinders around.
At under $20 price tag, F203 is one of the top budget grinders, its 200 W motor beats many other coffee grinders that cost twice. It is too versatile for a grinder at this cost. Moreover, you can even grind species like flax seed.
- Oval design & SS (Stainless Steel) blades – ensure uniform grinding
- Large grinding capacity – Makes up to 12 cups of coffee
- 200 Watts, Lid Activated safety switch – covers both power and safety
The overall design, especially the oval blades – which happens to be a key feature – has proved to be counterproductive. Although Krups has tried to look this downside pale by offering a 2-year warranty.
This sub $20 MIRA does a fine job of grinding up to 12 cups of coffee. Backed with a 200 W powerful motor – like Krups, this grinder is equally powerful in getting you fine coffee in no time.
One thing that set Mira apart from others is the ease of cleaning. With any grinder, cleaning plays a great role in overall maintenance, that’s where this grinder has an edge over Krups.
- 200-W Motor with stainless steel blades
- Dishwasher safe coffee container and Removable stainless steel collection cup – for easy cleaning
- Safeguarded lock button
While the motor and grinder are great, one downside is that the motor gets warm (not hot), during long operations – pretty much like Epica. Although the features are comparable to Krups, the ease of cleaning sets Mira apart. Cleaning, in general, increases the life span of the grinder, and that’s where Mira Gets it right over other grinders in the same class.
This electric grinder doesn’t do very well in terms of performances, but it does have a lot of features and add-ons. Although this machine has smart overheat protection, the motor still ends up wearing out quickly. It has two stainless steel removable bowls: one grinder bowl and one chopper bowl, and does grind well.
- Stainless steel blade and exteriors for longer blade life.
- Grinds coffee beans and most of the spices.
The motor quality isn’t as good as that of Krups or Mira. Although the product itself is versatile, but the motor quality significantly drops its suitability for your daily needs. The build quality isn’t the best.
A stylish build with a fine motor quality sets this grinder apart. Out of all the products that we reviewed, this one solely made to the list based on motor’s durability, besides the 18-month warranty comes next only to Krup.
- 2-1/2-ounce capacity
- Stainless steel bowl and blades
- Easy-press on/off switch for 1-touch operation
Although the quality of motor is good, the grinding process is slow. It means – the grinder is durable, but isn’t the fastest. The cleaning mechanism isn’t as good as Mira, overall this is a good under $30.00 buy, especially for the quality of motor it offers.
Best Coffee Bean Grinders – Summary
We hope that this assessment of top 6 best coffee bean grinders help you decide the right grinder for you. So before you buy, decide what factors among Motor Speed, Warranty, features, design, and budget are important, and buy the one that suits your needs. Irrespective of which one you chose, one thing is certain – You deserve freshly grind coffee.