Every barista knows the importance of drip brewing for a perfect cup of coffee. For beginners, it is a method of creating coffee wherein the water is poured over ground coffee beans contained in a filter. When water passes through the ground coffee beans, it absorbs the flavours and caffeine. Though the coffee beans are left behind in the filter, the water is enriched with the divine taste of your favourite coffee.
Drip brew coffee makers are also perfect for people who enjoy flavoured coffee. They enhance the taste of flavours like hazelnut, orange, vanilla, and chocolate giving you the most heavenly coffee experience.
With so many great options available in the market, buying the perfect drip coffee maker can be a daunting task, especially for a novice.
A lot of people often think of buying a drip coffee maker but are often confused by unanswered doubts:
Which is the best inexpensive coffee maker?
Is it very difficult to use a drip coffee maker?
Which coffee maker makes the strongest coffee?
Which drip coffee maker makes the best tasting coffee?
Are expensive coffee makers worth it?
Our Best Drip Coffee Maker 2019 list is sure to answer your questions and guide you in buying a machine that fits your choice, budget, and liking.
Best Drip Coffee Maker Reviews 2019
This coffee maker is perfect for family use. Powered by a 650-Watt motor and sporting a compact design, Zojirushi has emerged as a decent machine for making great-tasting coffee. This coffee maker can easily prepare 5 cups of coffee. However, this doesn’t come with an auto-shutoff feature.
Definitely one of the best small coffee maker of 2019!
- Concealed, removable water reservoir – simple to refill and use.
- Well designed and smart looking
- Automatic keep-warm function.
- Replaceable water filters to ensure safe water.
- Filter cone sits inside decanter making it more compact and easier to use.
- Water measure from 1 to 5 cups with external viewing.
- Fantastic heating and consistent temperature range.
- Compact size can fit into the smallest spaces – perfect for rental homes, offices, and college dorms.
- The auto shutoff feature is one key thing that DAC50 misses out on. The coffeemaker does pull off well in almost every other parameter.
- Plastic body may seem a little unsuitable.
- No timer or programming to facilitate multi-tasking.
- Can make only about 5 cups—not suitable for families or commercial use.
This well designed DCC-3200 is sure to delight any coffee lover with its sleek design and the ability to let a user customize a wide array of features. This is a fully automatic, programmable coffee maker that can handle any heavy duty brewing and comes with a showerhead.
Cuisinart DCC-3200—the drip coffee maker makes the best tasting coffee.
- Brew strength control allows you to select regular or bold coffee flavor.
- Fully automatic with 24-hour programmability,
- Efficient Self-cleaning system – just press the “clean” button.
- 1-4 cup setting and auto shutoff. (0-4 hours)
- Adjustable keep warm temperature control.
- Charcoal filtration system helps remove chlorine and other water impurities, and also reduces scale build up.
- Easy to use controls with loud sound notifications.
- Can reach ideal coffee brewing temperatures up to approximately 200°F.
- Reset function for greater safety in case of power fluctuations.
- Lid lifts to a right angle, which makes it difficult to use the coffee pot. While this coffee maker gets high marks for brewing coffee and giving a lot of control to its user over a wide range of things, it doesn’t perform well in terms of design.
- Thermal carafe cannot be used.
- Energy user may be a little bit high.
- No micro controls for changing temperature settings and altitude settings.
Although it wasn’t the best of the coffee makers that we included in our top charts, Hamilton Beach 12-cup coffee maker still deserves a mention. Its heavy duty brewing capacity at a sub $30.00 price is a steal. It does come with a wide range of features, especially the auto shut-off that even Zojirushi EC-DAC50 misses out on.
What is the best inexpensive coffee maker? The answer to this common question is the Hamilton Beach 12-cup coffeemaker!
- Saves time –Can make 12 cups of coffee in approximately time.
- Brews a full 12 cups, and dispenses one fresh cup at a time,
- Customizable brewing settings – Adjust from regular to strong flavour, allowing for more consistent flavor.
- Digital display; removable water tank; water-level indicator; dishwasher-safe parts.
- Dispensing bar for one-handed serving; keep-warm mode;
- Programmable clock — customizable auto shut-off after two hours.
- Front load filter—makes it very easy to refill coffee.
- Comes with a pretty cool “Ice Coffee” function.
- The build quality isn’t the best. Although Hamilton backs things up with fine customer service, this coffee maker gives up quite easily. Although for this price tag, it is certainly a bargain.
- Produces more steam than other machines, needs to be placed in an open space.
- Makes more noise than other coffee makers.
If you are ready to loosen your purse strings for your favorite drip coffee maker, then YSC100 is one of the top choices out there. Powered with drip prevention and an impressive Tapered design, YSC100 would delight any coffee lover. One thing where this coffee maker stands out is the cleaning part – something that is essential for a long life of a coffee maker.
- Clean light alerts you when cleaning is recommended
- Removable water tank – For easy water fiiling.
- 24-hour programmable timer – Delays brewing for fresh coffee in the morning.
- Drip prevention mechanism when the carafe is removed from the unit.
- Lets you keep your coffee hot for the entire day.
- Stainless steel body with great looks.
- Can brew up to 10 cups of coffee.
- Easy to use thermal carafe with clean-pour features.
- State of the art Japanese engineering, with easy to use features.
- The only con with this brewer is the price. Other than that, it overcomes almost all the flaws of other coffee makers with easily detachable parts, automated shut off feature, and handy cleaning experience.
- Coffee may be over extracted at times, leading to a bitter aftertaste.
- Occasional leaking from basket may be tedious for users.
Available in dual colors – black and white – this coffeemaker competes well with Hamilton in sub $30.00 price tag category. With auto-shutoff and other automatic features, Mr. Coffee has made a fine attempt to delight the drip coffee lovers with a limited budget.
- 2-Hour auto shut-off – Keeps your coffee hot for two hours and then automatically shuts itself off.
- Removable filter basket – lifts out for fast and easy filling and cleaning.
- Brewing pauses and serve – Lets you pour a cup of coffee while the coffeemaker is still brewing.
- Dual water window – Shows the amount of water in the reservoir for accurate filling.
- Smart cord storage—neat and cord free kitchen look with excess cord stored within the storage.
- Delay brew function for coffee use 24X7.
As with Hamilton, the build quality isn’t great, as a result, it doesn’t work well with continuous usage. But compared to Hamilton, Mr. Coffee’s CGX23 is marginally better. A good care and regular cleaning would ensure a longer life of CGX23.
For coffee connoisseurs, brewing the perfect cup of coffee is nothing less than meditation. A peaceful, lively, and exciting start to an otherwise monotonous day! So, reviewing coffee machines can be a serious and challenging task.
Keeping our and our coffee lovers’ high quality benchmarks in mind, we realized that several coffee makers weren’t good enough to be included in the of top 5 best drip coffee makers. And it was quite a task, to narrow down our list to the Top Five. If you have zeroed down on buying a drip coffee maker apart from these and want us to review that then feel free to drop us a comment.